This Event has passed.
Watch our calendar for next year's event!
South Salem Presbyterian Church
Memorial Day Mon. May 27, 2019 Rain or Shine
Kick off your Memorial Day celebration with a healthy run! Be sure to bring along your entire family – events are offered for all ages! From a 10K that starts at 8:00AM that takes on some of the most challenging hills in South Salem to the 50 yard plus dashes for our Pee Wee toddlers.
10K 8AM & 5K 9:30AM
COMBINE YOUR 10K & 5K FOR THE CHALLENGE RUN
MILE FUN RUN 10:45AM & PEE WEE RACES 11:05AM
- Day of Race Packet pickup & registration begins 7:00AM
- 10K: 8AM
- 5K: 9:30AM
- MILE FUN RUN: 10:45AM
- PEE WEE RACES: 11:05AM
- 10K: $35
- 5K: $35
- 10K + 5K CHALLENGE RUN: $45
- 1 MILE RUN: $15
- PEE WEE RACES: $15
PACKET PICKUP at South Salem Presbyterian Church 11 Spring St, South Salem, NY 10590
- Sat. May 25 9AM-12PM
- Sun. May 26 12PM-2PM
AMENITIES & AWARDS
Five Events are offered on Memorial Day: The 10K and 5K courses are U.S.A. Track and Field certified which allows the running times to be accepted as a record and nationally ranked.
Awards to Top 1 M/F Overall & Top 3 M/F Age Groups: 8 & Under, 9+10, 11+12, 13+14, 15 -19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Awards to the Top 1 M/F Overall & Top 3 M/F Age Groups: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
For those that are up for the 10K at 8:00 a.m., you can also run the 5K at 9:30 a.m. for ½ off the registration price. Your time for each separate race will be posted race day and we will also combine your 5K and 10K race times for your “Challenge” time. 10K & 5K Combination Awards will be presented for the Top 3 M/F winners
MILE FUN RUN
Youth can find out if they can run a mile and how fast!
Awards to Top 1 M/F Overall
Top 3 M/F Age Groups: 8 & Under, 9+10 and 11+12
All participants receive a festive ribbon and t-shirt
PEE WEE RACES
Everyone is awarded with a t-shirt and ribbon for their efforts!
For more information about the race, contact
Contact Number: 203-300-2145
In New York: From Rt. 684 (Exit 6) or Saw Mill: East on Rt. 35 about 8 miles. Pass Yellow Monkey Village on left, straight thru traffic light. Pass Mobil and after Fire House on left, take first left onto Spring Street. Left onto Main Street at 1st intersection. Library tenth of mile on right.
In Connecticut: Rts. 7, 33 or 123. Drive West on Rt. 35. About 1 mile past South Salem Animal Hospital, turn right onto Spring Street and proceed as above.
Parking is available at the library. You can also park in the Spring Street parking lot near the police station or along portions of Spring and Main Street. The Library is just a short walk north from the South Salem Presbyterian Church.
- Start just north of the Library on Main Street (heading away from the Fair Grounds);
- Left turn onto Bouton Road;
- Right turn onto Post Office Road;
- Right turn onto Benedict Road;
- Right turn onto Oscaleta;
- Left turn onto Old Oscaleta Rd.
- Right turn onto Boway Road;
- Stay on Boway Road across Main Street;
- Right off Boway Road onto Lake Truesdale Drive;
- Right at Lakeshore Drive and continue to Gilbert Street;
- Left on Gilbert Street and continue to Main Street;
- Left on Main Street to Finish Line in front of Library
- Start at the Library on Main Street (heading toward the Fair Grounds on Spring Street);
- Go past the Fair Grounds and take a left onto Lakeshore Drive;
- Right onto Lake Truesdale Drive to Boway Road;
- Left on Boway Road to Country Lane;
- Left on Country Lane to (becomes) Hoyt Street;
- Stay on Hoyt Street all the way to Gilbert Street;
- Left on Gilbert Street and continue all the way to Main Street;
- Left onto Main Street and continue on to Finish Line
RESULTS & PHOTOS
LIVE Online/Email/Text Results and FREE Video & Same-day finish line pics
Find Misc Photos on Facebook @elitefeats